TutorSelect.com ("TutorSelect") respects, recognizes, and is committed to protecting the privacy of its website (the "Site") users.
Your sensitive personal information is kept in mind throughout all of the various processes and operations within this website.
and the various choices available to you on such uses and disclosures.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer to the ‘Contact Us" section at the bottom of this page for details.
- Information you provide for tutoring services. In order to provide the best service and experience we collect user submitted personally identifiable information from this website. We only request the minimum amount of information needed to understand and respond to your tutoring needs. This includes personal information, such as your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, Site password, and a statement of tutoring needs.
- Information you provide for being a Tutor. Site users who apply to provide tutoring services ("Independent Contractor") will also be required to submit additional information. This will include information such as academic credentials, gender, Social Security number (for background checks and certain tax purposes) and various statements of your tutoring abilities.
- Children. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use this Site in the presence of a consenting parent or guardian. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to our Site. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information via the Internet from children under the age of 13. All contact, including tutoring sessions, between a tutor and any minor should only take place in a supervised environment. TutorSelect is committed to protecting the welfare and privacy of children.
- Business Transactions. When using a credit card for transacting business with TutorSelect, we will request a valid credit card number, type, expiration date, name and address of the account holder, and card issuer phone number. To properly process your credit card information, we must share your personal and financial information with the merchant bank for authorization and approval. This process is protected by an enhanced security system. See the Security section below for more details on security measures and procedures.
- Log Files. This Site logs IP addresses, web browser and operating system types, for systems administration purposes. These logs will be used to analyze trends, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This analytical data is used to improve the services provided and the value of the materials available on this Site. We do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information.
- Cookies. When you visit this Site, certain content will be personalized and served based upon your browser type and other information provided by our cookie. The data contained in our cookie will link to your personally identifiable information. If you chose to decline our cookie, you may not be able to authenticate, conduct financial transactions or otherwise use certain interactive aspects of this Site. A positive user experience will be negatively impacted without the use of our cookie.
How we protect your information
TutorSelect understands the need to keep your information secure and private.
We are committed to earning and keeping your trust in our ability to safeguard your information by implementing industry-recognized practices to protect your information. These safeguards include:
- SSL. TutorSelect and its Site are registered with Thawte, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Symantec Corporation and leading global certification authority. Thawte, Inc. provides authentication services and products for electronic commerce and other forms of secure communications. We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer), the industry standard method for computers to communicate securely without risk of manipulation or recipient impersonation. We utilize SSL in the online registration and application process, the login process, and in the account management section of the Site.
- Data Encryption. TutorSelect and its Site uses encryption technology to protect sensitive information such as credit card information, Tutor social security numbers and birth dates.
- Firewalls/Network. TutorSelect and its Site employ various firewalls and system monitoring techniques to protect against unauthorized access of our systems.
- Training. All TutorSelect employees are aware of our privacy and security policies. Your information is only accessible to those employees who need it in order to perform their job duties.
How we use your information
TutorSelect is the Sole owner of the information collected on its Site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to any outside parties, except as outlined in the Third Party Information Sharing section of this Policy. The information we collect from you is used as follows:
- Information given to tutors. Upon your request to communicate with the tutors you selected, we will provide those selected tutors with your name, phone number, email, and zip-code. Your desired tutoring location address will be shared with the tutor you have chosen.
- Tutor profile information. Tutor profile information is shared to the public via search pages. This information is limited to first name and last initial, tutoring ability statements, gender, City, State, zip, academic credentials, and other data that helps support a potential client’s tutor choice. Full details can be obtained from the Tutor agreement available during the application process as well as in the Tutor Profile when logged into the Site.
Third Party Information Sharing
The information obtained by TutorSelect is used within the operation of the Site which includes the sharing of information between Tutors and clients. We also share your personal information with third parties that offer related product or services. However, we only share this information with your consent.
- Service Providers and Agents. In order to provide our services, we may need to share personal information with agents and service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as to send email, process background checks or process credit card payments. In addition, address information may be shared with a service provider to determine geographic information. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Legal Requests. We may disclose personal information about you to third parties when we believe such disclosure is appropriate to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena or search warrant, or in the course of a legal proceeding. We may also disclose personal information as we believe appropriate to enforce or apply our rights under our agreements with customers, to protect the rights, property or safety of TutorSelect, our customers and others, including exchanging information for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Change of Ownership. If there is a change of control in TutorSelect’s business, the transfer of collected information could be part of that transaction and your personally identifying information potentially could be used by the purchaser. However, if that business materially changes this statement or the information-handling practices as described in this statement, you will be notified by email and/or through a notice posted on our Site. You will have a choice as to whether your existing information is used in a new manner.
- Business partners and Affiliates. When you make purchases or engage in promotions offered through our website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant. We will always provide you with the opportunity not to share information with these businesses.
When submitting a tutoring request or applying to become a tutor, you are consenting to receive certain email communications from us, including newsletters and special offers. TutorSelect provides its Site users the ability to opt-out of receiving such email communications. If you wish to cease future communications, you can opt-out by using the link on the bottom of an email that you receive from TutorSelect.com or, if you have a login, Opt-out and other options are available under "My Account".
TutorSelect reserves the right to send you certain administrative notices that are required by law, regulation, or as needed to service your account. Administrative notices also include notifications of new messages or Tutoring Opportunities in your area and responses to Tutoring requests that you have posted. You may not opt-out of receiving these administrative emails.
TutorSelect has the ability to suppress certain information from displaying to others. These preferences can be set by logging in and selecting "My account".
Your Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may update this information by logging into your account and selecting "My Account" You can Deactivate you account directly within the Account section as well. If you do not have access to your account, send an email with your change request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the information provided in the How to Contact Us section of this policy
Other Important Topics
- Links. This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that TutorSelect is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage all Site users to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Site.
- Affiliations. TutorSelect, LLC and its Site TutorSelect.Com are affiliated with AdvancedLearners, LLC and its site AdvancedLearners.Com Please refer to the Third Party Information Sharing section of this policy for more details.
How to contact us
13911 West Hillsborough Ave.
Tampa, FL 33635